We are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic Financial accountant, part qualified and studying for exams. Ideally with 3-4 years experience within accountancy. The Accountant will report directly into the Finance director and Managing Director. The office is based in Marlow, Buckinghamshire.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The position works within the finance team taking charge of month-end duties, analysis and controls resulting to accurate, completed reports within specified timeframe. In addition you will be responsible for business decision support and report writing of your analytical findings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Preparation of annual and monthly budgets for all profit centres, cost centres and franchises for internal use and bank purposes.
- Provide monthly Board packs to directors and quarterly ones to site managers
- Monthly management accounts for all companies involved and for bank purposes.
- Monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
- Variances analysis and detailed explanation of Actual Vs Budgets.
- Monthly KPI matrix.
- Cash Flow forecasts and daily updates.
- Intercompany accounting including invoicing for recharges and reconciliations.
- Sales reconciliations from profit centres with cash received.
- All monthly prepayments, accruals, depreciation and other journals.
- All bank and credit card payments.
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register.
- Weekly sales reports.
- Manager bonus workings.
- Central stock control.
- Accounts payable and supplier reconciliations.
- Quarterly managers meeting presentation.
- Year-end audit file and auditors main point of contact.
- VAT returns for all companies.
- Provide ad hoc analysis as required
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
The role would suit a QBE or part qualified accountant
- Part qualified or Qualified by experience
- Strong excel experience
- Previous experience in presenting analysis to non-accountants and senior management
- Extremely detail oriented
- Experience in:
– budgeting and forecasting
– financial and management reporting
- Desire to produce accurate, reliable and high quality work in a timely manner
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Genuine interest in dealing with personnel that possess varying levels of financial expertise
- Self-starter and innovative thinker
- Ability to work independently and knowledge of when to communicate updates
- Commitment to “get the job done”